The college’s learning management system, SNoodle, will be upgraded by our service provider Moodlerooms over the Winter break. The upgrade will begin at 10:00 p.m. on December 26 and finish by 5:00 a.m. on December 27. SNoodle will be unavailable during the upgrade window. After the upgrade is complete, SNoodle will be running Moodle version 2.5.3, which includes a number of new or improved features:
- Digital badges: A way to recognize accomplishments. Badges can be awarded based on a number of different course criteria, and students can take the digital badges with them after graduation through the Mozilla Open Backpack initiative.
- Shorter forms: Moodle created a condensed version of forms when adding new content. This should make adding content faster for everyone and less daunting for new users. For experienced users, it’s very easy to expand a form to see all the options.
- Inline drag and drop: When adding content by drag and drop, there is a new inline option for the content. With this option, the content will display on the page instead of needing to click a link in order to view it.
- Inline folders: There is an option to view folders and subfolders inline instead of in a separate window.
- Essay templates: You can create a template for answers to essay questions.
- The Settings block has been renamed to Administration.
Visit the Moodle website for a complete list of changes, including detailed descriptions and screen shots. To see these new features modeled, attend a workshop on Tuesday, January 7 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. in the Innovation Studio (Mulva 305)!